Sunday, April 09, 2006

Cocteau Twins

I thought I would talik about the Cocteau twins. I find their music brilliant and although i am sad that they have split up the benefit of this is there music is now as cheap as chips.

This blog will mainly be me talking about music released a while ago because I am always on the hunt for a band that have been and gone but were briliant in their day. The reason for this is that there music is now sold at a bargain price on Amazon second hand or new. I think this is one of the major benefits of the ipods and mp3 players alot of people are buying albums and then selling them again once they have downloaded them.

I use to think I would never sell any cd's once i had brought them but these days I am glad to get rid of the ones I don't think are very good and getting cash for them so I can buy more. I still have too many cd's of course but one step at a time.

back to the cocteau twins, there music is fantastic ambient songs but with a more vocal and live presence than many ambient bands (orb, chemical brothers, FSOL, orbital etc). I think this is because the sounds are mainly created using guitars and lots of effects and the singing is live, although in a style which is very original a bit like bjork in some ways but more beautiful shall we say.

No comments:

Hosks Half Hour Headlines