Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Are you getting enoughing sleep?

Are you getting enough?

This was the provocative title of a BBC news story today that suckered me in to read it and I found out it wasn’t referring to sex but to sleep, which probably effects people more than sex.

its actually quite an interesting article and it has ways to cope with either not being able to get to sleep or coping without much sleep. Personally I read before I go to sleep this makes me feel tired and then when I can’t read any more off to slumber land I go. I have summarized the article for you people in a rush. You can read the whole article here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7114661.stm

Get tense – tense all the muscles in your body this will help you relax and go to sleep

Play old cd’s – play cd’s you know well, that way you brain doesn’t have to think about what the lyrics are and can focus on relaxing

Saying The – if you can’t get to sleep, repeat the word The The The. This will block out all other thoughts and worries which might be keeping you away.

Power nap – have a 20 minute power nap, which is popular in Japan

The power nap is a controversial subject, some people think it invigorates you, whilst others think it makes you more tired. I find that just closing your eyes can have a benefit.

I bet most people catch up on sleep during the weekend. The article doesn’t mention that but I think I have read somewhere that you can catch up on missed sleep on the weekend


http://hoskshalfhour.blogspot.com/

Funny comedy podcast - Hosks Half Hour

if you want something to help you sleep try this comedy podcast for 30 minutes of twisted fun it has stand up, funny sketches, amusing news and lots more

http://hoskshalfhour.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Hosks Half Hour Headlines