Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Film Review - Saw 4

I went to the cinema a couple of weeks ago to see the new Saw 4 film. It was a surprise to me that they produced another Saw 4 film because I thought the 3rd Saw film was the weakest of Saw films. The reviews I read were from fans of the Saw films but they followed the same theme, Saw 3 not that good Saw 4 back to form.

It was interesting to wonder what the film would be about because the 3rd film ended with Jigsaw (who is the main bad guy and chief trap maker) dying. So not only does everyone know and except the shocking tricks and traps but also the main guy was a goner. I was slightly fearful that we would be seeing another cash in prequel that haunt the cinema screens these days.

That’s enough pre waffle, lets get onto the review.

I will mention the gore of the film, it wasn’t really any worse than the other films although the dissection part was pretty full on but as they are killing people with all sorts of horrible ways its not biggy.

The film splits its time looking back in the past and the here and now. You do get an explanation of how it all started which was interesting.

The film is probably most like the first Saw film of the three films after it. The plotting of the film is a little bit hap hazard as is the overall quality of it. It has good bits and then has bits which you wonder are there really, I will say it is down to confuse the audience a bit and lead you off the scent.

I think the film is a return to form but not as good as the original (which is not unusual) and to rate it out of 10 I would give it a 7 but take into account I do like horror films and the saw films


If you like laughing then listen to my funny podcast

Hosks Half Hour

If you don't laugh whilst listening to it then someone has put your brain in wrong

No comments:

Hosks Half Hour Headlines