Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Old Boy film review

I watched the film old boy this month and the film was brilliant. I think it is a feature with lower budget foreign films because they don't have so much pressure from the finance people to make a tick all the boxes film. The film rolls along and you just haven't a clue what is going to happen next but it's fascinating.

The filming is great, it feels like you are watching the main character from somewhere in the room and observing him like some sort of scientist. The film is quite tricky to follow to start with but I think this mystery adds to the tension of the film because you don't know who to trust and how anyone is going to act.

I always like an unusual early part to a film and this film just starts with the main man in prison for 15 years, no explanation, no reason, just incarceration. How would you react, this was the question that was popping into my head but then we are all trapped in our routines of work really.

This film is one of my favourite types, a shock horror and very violent, which I also enjoy.

It gets a good score in IMDB, you can find information about the film here . I don't hold that much stock in the ratings and usually focus more on the reviews of people who watched the film.

I highly recommend the film and it was really gripping, I was only going to watch a bit because it started at midnight but I ended up watching the whole film.

No comments:

Hosks Half Hour Headlines