Monday, December 03, 2007

How to catch a mouse without a mousetrap

My buddy sent me this email today

Then I think household has an univited house guest who helped himself to a couple of ripe pears in our fruit bowl on Saturday night!!!
After consulting with the Oracle (Herbo) he furnished me with the Humane option for removing my rodential resident without leaving him a couple of tabs of Night Night Mousey for him to eat!
How to catch a mouse without a mousetrap

I am yet to hear if the said method was successful but an ingenious idea none the less. The site has loads of other humane ways to capture or kill intruders. In fact the one linking this idea was how to squash a fly without a fly swatter. Although to be honest how many own and use a fly swatter would be up for debate.

How to catch a mouse without a mousetrap

Humanely

I had a little friend visit my apartment the other week, and for a while there I was ready to make peace with him and co-exist. But after I cleaned up the place and ordered pizza one night, and it crawled up the side of my chair onto the sleeve of my shirt, I knew it was time to bid farewell.

Here's how I caught the critter:

  1. Get a toilet paper tube and crease two lines to form a flat sided tunnel.
  2. Put a treat on one end of the tube: A cracker and dab of peanut butter works great.
  3. Get a tall (at least 20 inches) bucket. A trash can works well.
  4. Balance the tube precariously on the edge of a table or counter with the treat hanging directly over the tall sided receptacle.
  5. The mouse will scurry to the treat (they like tunnels) and fall into the trap.

Set the fella loose at least a mile away from your abode.

Postnote: It worked within the hour.

Also, folks have asked how this could work if you don't have a counter or table. Simple: get a piece of cardboard and crease it to make a ramp up to a small trashcan.


http://hoskshalfhour.blogspot.com/

Funny comedy podcast - Hosks Half Hour

if you liked that why no try listening to my comedy podcast for 30 minutes of twisted fun it has stand up, funny sketches, amusing news and lots more

http://hoskshalfhour.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Hosks Half Hour Headlines