Sunday, November 12, 2006

Tiger Woods Game Review for XBox 360

I brought the recent Tiger Woods game for the XBox 360 called

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007

First thing I think I should mention is that I am a fan of the Tiger woods games and I have owend the 2004 version and a few after that on (on the Game Cube) and I think they are the best golf game on the market.

So the question is, is this game just a copy of the previous games with better graphics. Well firstly the graphics are better but I feel that it's not really that important because you forgot about the quality of the graphics after playing for a few hours. Is the gameplay good. It is surprisingly good. The swing motion is the same and it's a good system because you can get the hang of it fairly easily but you can still make mistakes if you fall asleep. I like the power boost idea because it's quite tricky to do everytime and doing it increases the chances of you hooking one.

I think the best bit of the game is the putting, you feel as if you have real control. It's easy to putt okay but hard to master and even now after playing it for days and days I still miss easy putts but then make an amazing long putt. The putting is pure skills, read the green, put the correct amount of power on it, which isn't easy by the way and then watch her go racing towards the hole.

There are few good game modes, you have a career where you have to build up your golfer, there are a few ways, play pga events, play the Tiger challenge or hit the practise greens. The practise greens are various practise tasks where you can improve various parts of our game. The tour is self explanatory. The Tiger challange is excellent you play people who start off rubbish and then get harder as your skill increases. When you defeat someone your stats go up.

The game has kept me busy for quite a while, I find it really good to come in and have one round or do one challange and then go off and do something else. I don't know when I complete the game and beat Tiger whether I will trade it in or keep it around to have a game when I feel like it. I highly recommend the game especially if you haven't played it before, you will be hooked (get it)

If you like this blog or and fancy something with some laughing thrown in then check out my other blog Amusing IT Stories. Which is a blog about funny and amusing stories from the IT environment and the office. It is a mix of news, office humour, IT stories, links, cartoons and anything that I find funny

No comments:

Hosks Half Hour Headlines